If you are reading this then you have made it through another all you can eat holiday frenzy!
I must have gained 10 lbs. and I wasn't even trying. The problem is that I really enjoy cooking. If you're cooking, you're tasting and that means you are eating through out the day!
I love to try new recipes and make dishes that I don't ordinarily make during the year. Who has time to make quiche, or bake traditional family pies, or roast anything for over 2 hours. It takes time to clean and peel or chop and slice fresh vegetables, it's a lot easier to open a can or box.
But around the holidays, it's all I want to do. My gift to myself is the time and luxury of planning and preparing meals I think are special for the special people in my life. It's one of those things that just floats my boat.
What makes you happy? When you figure it out, do it more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment