Thanksgiving's done! Not as busy as it could've been. It's time to say "next", shake it off, regroup and look forward to December.
When I first started making fruit baskets for real, it was a success year round but exploded during the holidays. But, that was in another time and place. This is here and now.
Starting up an old business in a new state is like watching a child reach maturity. It's a slow, often thankless endeavor that makes us stronger if it doesn't kill us first. There is, of course, the pride of
parenting and the hope that your offspring will surpass your aspirations and develop a life of their own.
My hope is that through proper nurturing my little fruit basket business will grow into
something I can be proud of.
Actually putting the basket together and choosing the colors for the bow are creative outlets for me, one of the few ways I can express myself artistically. The wide eyed reception when I deliver a basket is really gratifying and addictive, I definitely want more.
No comments:
Post a Comment